Local Ministries & Missions
- Food Bank: From New Year’s through Christmas,local benevolence including food bank stocks are collected and distributed among members, neighbors, and those who the Lord sends our way. You are touching lives for God regularly right here in Whatcom County. Thank you members for donating to your food bank.
- Clothing Bank: Every month any number of local families in need are helped by your gracious provision of clothing for all ages throughout seasons. Thank you for all who donate and help serve monthly.
- Home-based Evangelism: Every week regular and spontaneous Bible studies are happening in homes of members offering a comforting place for Christ-centered, biblically based conversations, study and prayers for those among us and around us in need of private personal encouragement from God’s Word and family.
- Building-based Worship, Study, & Evangelism: Every Wednesday evening (7 PM), and Sunday morning (10 AM) the congregation offers Bible classes for all ages led by gifted teachers who foster hopeful conversation on how God’s Word provides practical insights into our Christ-like living with a godly mind-set. Every Sunday morning (11 AM) and evening (6 PM) the Word of God is preached and songs from the heart are sung to God’s glory. God is worshiped with the New Testament’s biblical pattern in Spirit and in Truth. Praise God for your faithfulness and commitment to Him who saved us.
Monthly Supported Missions:
- SIBI Northwest Bible Institute located in Puyallup, Washington is overseen by Director Bob Stump, whose decades of foreign mission, including Slovakia, ensures the school continues to be well poised in equipping biblically trained local leaders to serve new and existing congregation in the Pacific Northwest area. This dynamic and much needed ministry at SIBI NW's preacher training school is supported monthly by Portal Way to encourage availability of local education for Gospel evangelists in our very own Pacific Northwest communities. More information about SIBI NW is available on the web at the following link (http://www.sibinw.org).
- The Shelton church of Christ is a young congregation located in rural reaches and deeply wooded evergreen regions of Hood Canal on Washington's Olympic Peninsula. It is ministered to by our good brother in the Lord Jonathan Harless and his beautiful family. Congregational support for this fledgling work of the Lord in Shelton, WA. Is prayerfully and financially supported by the Portal Way church of Christ. In addition, our Gospel Preacher and Elder Jack Keller and lovely wife Linda visit the Shelton church to encourage the brothers and sisters several times a year. It is a blessing to all.
- Four lakes church of Christ in Wisconsin is ministered to by brother Baxter Exum and his family working faithfully among a loving congregation of approximately 65 members in Madison. Our Portal Way family regularly provides financial support to help this church and its evangelistic efforts that are well described in their website at www.fourlakescoc.org.
- Lifeline of Hope is base in Kalispell, Montana that Portal Way contributes regularly to this ministry that supports and conducts on-site (unannounced) inspections of orphanages around the world . These visits verify facility conditions and the well-being of the children. This ministry also provides humanitarian help through congregations of the Lord’s church around the world. More information on the amazing breadth and depth of hope and love this works brings around the world can be view at: (www.Lifelineofhope.org)
Internal Ministries of the Congregation
- Leading in worship (such as leading singing, leading public prayer, Leading and serving communion, and public speaking)
- Teaching and assisting in Bible classes
- Preparing and cleaning communion trays
- Fellowship meals (organizing, setting up, and cleaning up)
- Leading or participating in services at local nursing homes or retirement centers
- Support and encouragement of local college students
- Local benevolence
- Diamond Club: Every month our seniors (60 yrs. young and older) get together for fun and fellowship. Spring is in the air, so ask about the “Diamonds Newsletter” for upcoming outdoor activities together.
- Numerous Others: Men’s Monthly Breakfasts, Lady’s Day events & retreat, Monthly Adult Dinner Out (e.g. Feb. 24th Ladies Class hosted “Sweetheart Dinner” at the building with 7 tables each with unique fine china settings for all interested members), and other caring ministries the Lord knows…