Special Missions Support & Local Needs
Periodic Local Needs:
- Assisting a neighbor with any needed help
- Providing help in the community at the time of a death
Periodically Supported Missions:
- Haiti Women's Outreach is a recent effort by Portal Way members reaching children and women in orphanages and congregations of the Lord's church in Cape Haitien, Haiti. Portal Way children's classes and adults have raised funds for goats (yielding milk, cheese, & meat) to help more than 6 congregations in Haiti become increasingly self-supported. Also the children's classes have made hundreds of woven bracelets and craft turtles to bring joy to children in Haiti. Aside from the goat project we have received contributions that will go to food and clothing. Volunteers also made pillow-case dresses for young girls. Portal Way members have donated clothing, medications, toys, and shoes which will be distributed in late March by sisters of several congregations participating in this trip.
- Children’s Home-Portales, NM- With extra class donations, periodic year-end help given to this Christian ministry including children’s home, single parent support, pregnancy & adoption help. Learn more at: www.nmcch.org.
- Mountain States Children’s Home – Longmont, CO- Periodic year-end support as extra classroom funds are available for this Christian ministry including in-resident home for children at risk. Learn more at: www.msch.org.
- Children’s Home Paragould, AR– We provide periodic year-end support with any extra classroom donation funds.
- Albuquerque Children’s Home, NM – We provide periodic year-end support from extra classroom funds.
- Smithlawn Home, Texas - We have provided periodic support such as hand-made baby quilts to a maternity home for unwed mothers and adoption services of churches of Christ since 1960. Learn more at: www.smithlawn.org.
- AIM Youth Program, Sunset church of Christ Lubbock, Texas is a young adult missions training program that Portal Way congregation periodically provides financial support . More on this encouraging effort by SIBI Adventures In Missions (AIM) program can be viewed online at their website (http://www.sibi.cc/).